Tuesday, November 19, 2013

64 years of marriage

I had the honor of doing some different photos for a close friend, she wanted to capture some engagement style photos of her grandparents who have been married 64 years! 
I will admit, I was terrified, that's such a daunting task.. to capture not just a couple but a couple who has been together 64 years, through the good, the bad, the joys, and I am sure some of the heart aches as well.  When I met them you could feel the love between them, just a contentedness with being together.  I wanted that to be what I captured, not just a couple in front of the camera. 

It makes me think of a verse in Song of Solomon that says, "but I found him whom my soul loveth: " 

I want my marriage to be reflection of that, when people look at my husband and me I want them to think that he is truly the one my soul loves! 

It seems more and more that we can't find those who are with each other through it all, and when you find that one person who is willing to stick with you through it all you need to love them and adore them and cherish all the little things about them. I loved that as I was taking pictures of them, they would be so content to just sit by each other, not being busy, but just being together. Holding hands, and not needing to be doing something or going. 

I will stop now, and share some of these amazing pictures!! 










2 comments:

  1. Oh My Gosh!!!!! Just BEAUTIFUL!!! That's a Fairy Tale kind of Love!

    ReplyDelete